Overall Program Goal:
Provide participant with the healthy lifestyle tools and techniques to improve their health (e.g. muscle strength, flexibility, range of motion) and manage their stress so they are better able to deal with difficult situations.
The Program is presented in seven steps, each consisting of three lessons.
Each step is associated with a colored belt similar to Karate, have goals of their own:
- White Belt – Reduce impact of stress and immobility on the body
- Yellow Belt – Strengthen and energize the body
- Orange Belt – Relax the Body (especially the shoulders, belly and hips).
- Green Belt – Let go of mistakes & calm the mind
- Blue Belt – Release tension and worry.
- Brown Belt -Stay calm in difficult situations.
- Black Belt – Ongoing practice, and optional modules on smoking cessation and weight control.
Senior Wellness Activity Programs in Sitting and Standing Exercise Versions.
Each 20 minute video lesson consists of movement exercises, and either a breathing, focusing, self massage or meditation technique. The learn the movements video is against a blank wall for better vision, and practice session videos are in interesting natural locations.